Saturday, May 21, 2011

Six Sentence Sunday #12


Welcome to this week’s Six Sentence Sunday post! (Visit the other fab writers here.) I continue to post from Blowing Embers, the second chapter in The Embers Series, a paranormal romance/epic fantasy, which will be released in July.

Today’s snip starts a smidge after where we left off last time. (If you’d like to refresh your memory, the prior six is posted here.
)


He had to feel helpless. Did she have the heart to deny him the only way he could think of to try to feel safe? And a way that might well help him survive when the attack came?


His eyes watched her face, trying to follow the trickle her thoughts made.
“Let me think about it, Alex,” she finally said, and rose from the couch. “Go and have your dinner, and tell Laszlo that I’ll be down as soon as I change.”

20 comments:

  1. Poor Alex. You already know how much I love this book and can't wait until I finally get my copy! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very interesting. Yes, poor Alex.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great six! I can sense her feelings of obligation.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I feel for both of them. Intense six.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great six--lots of character development going on.

    ReplyDelete
  6. mmm - she seems a woman in control

    ReplyDelete
  7. conflict. When is the right time not to feel obligated

    ReplyDelete
  8. What has happend to him I wonder? Laszlo -- that is a great name too. Very Casablanca.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great six. Leaves me wanting more.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Heart-wrenching. This is a really strong character.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Way to leave a reader hanging. Curious about where it's going...

    ReplyDelete
  12. Kiera is such a great heroine--I've loved her since reading Fallen Embers! She protects Alex, but also considers what he may need to learn to survive in this dangerous world they've been thrown into. Wonderful six!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I really liked "...the trickle her thoughts made." Very original description.
    My six sentences are here: http://iousex.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  14. Good way of redirecting him for the moment.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Interesting and I sort of, NOT, feel sorry for Alex.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Curious about where this is going. Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  17. I can see who's in charge here lol

    ReplyDelete