Saturday, July 9, 2011

Six Sentence Sunday #14


Welcome to this week’s Six Sentence Sunday post! (Visit the other wonderful writers here.) I continue to post from Blowing Embers, the second chapter in The Embers Series, a paranormal romance/epic fantasy, just released July 1st – woo hoo!

Today’s snip starts right after where we left off last time. (If you’d like to refresh your memory, the prior six is posted here.)


“I’m fine,” she told him, and lifted to tiptoe to kiss his cheek. “Don’t go barging off to wreak vengeance, either. I broke up a fight is all, and if I hadn’t been so tired, honestly, I would have seen this coming.” She paused to grin. “I left them both chastised and cringing in the snow.” 
The muscle clamping his jaw relaxed just a little. “Chanda is here,” he told her, jumping ahead to the next order of business.
It's out! Woo hoo!

26 comments:

  1. Ohh Lauri, what is the next order of business. Intriguing and fantastic six! Thank you. I loved the simplicity of 'and lifted to tiptoe' I rose in my seat when I read it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great tension! He's obviously not in the mood to be soothed. Congrats on your recent release!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice read. Congrats on the release.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I like that he's still trying to be all aloof and tough guy. Great snippet :) Congrats on the release!

    ReplyDelete
  5. nice six - I'll have to catch up

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oooh, but it's such fun when he does 'wreak vengeance'! :-P

    ReplyDelete
  7. Congrats! Very nicely done six.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Nice snippet! Congrats on your release.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great snippet, like the line about his jaw. Hope the release is going well. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  10. She's tough. I like her.Congrats on your release!

    ReplyDelete
  11. They are good together. Like a woman who can take care of things on her own!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Can't he wreak just a little vengeance? Just a tiny bit? *grin*

    ~Xakara
    Dawn's Early Light 6SS

    ReplyDelete
  13. Curious about what the order of business is

    ReplyDelete
  14. Nice tension, and I'm intrigued to learn more...nice six!

    ReplyDelete
  15. She sounds tough, I like her. Nice six!

    ReplyDelete
  16. She's all business and he seems like maybe he'd like her to make him her business. Have to come and see.

    ReplyDelete
  17. I like her gentle command of him. Lovely chemistry between them.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Congrats on the newest release. I wish you the best with it. Great six.

    Allure Van Sanz

    ReplyDelete
  19. A very tender moment shared. The caring and love come through in this Six! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  20. Thanks so much, each of you, for the kind words!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Ooh, a tough woman. I like those. :)

    ReplyDelete
  22. Congrats on the new release!I like how they're each playing down the event for the other's comfort.

    ReplyDelete
  23. Intriguing! Definitely would read more. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  24. I like how this carries over from the last week with the clenched muscle in his jaw relaxing... just a bit ;)

    ReplyDelete
  25. I don't know this character, but I like her voice. She seems like somebody I could read a whole book about and enjoy. Off to read the previous posts snippeting this story.

    ReplyDelete